A Community Resource from Clark Avenue Church of Christ
WHAT IS THE BABY BANK?
The Baby Bank was started because of a lack of resources for the needs of infants and toddlers in our community. Clothing banks have mostly adult clothing, and since children outgrow their clothing very rapidly during the first two or three years, the need is great.
Members of the Church of Christ began shopping at garage sales, sewing baby clothes and quilts; while still others brought in clothing their children or grandchildren had outgrown.
Today, the Baby Bank is run strictly on donations from the church community.
The Baby Bank serves approximately 50 children every month. A referral from one of the following agencies is required for parents or custodial grandparents to access the Baby Bank:
- Catholic Charities
- Children’s Home & Aid Society
- Community Care Center
- Coordinated Youth Services
- Good Samaritan House
- Mosaic Pregnancy & Health Center
- Riverbend Head Start & Family Services [clients only]
- The Salvation Army
- Women, Infants, & Children [clients only]
- Please inquire about other agencies
One referral is good for six visits.
WHAT WE DO
Help mothers, fathers, and custodial grandparents with the following items (availability depends on donations):
- Shampoo, lotion, body wash, diaper ointment
- Bottles and sippy cups
- Coats and jackets
- Bibs, etc.
- Other accessories
- Furniture (occasionally)
- Walkers, high chairs (occasionally
Arrangements for donations can be made by calling the Clarke Ave Church of Christ, Monday through Friday during business hours at 618-444-3077.
What can you do?
- Volunteer your time
- Donate clothes sizes 0-5T
- Donate disposable diapers
- Donate baby wipes, shampoo, bath wash, lotion, bottles, etc.
- Make quilts or blankets
There are many behind-the-scene activities that can be done to help the Baby Bank. If interested call, 618-444-3077.
WHEN ARE WE OPEN?
2nd and 4th Friday of each month
12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Clark Avenue Church of Christ
2130 Clark Avenue
Granite City, IL. 62040